Steak in Herb Marinade Recipe
SERVES: 4 PREP: 40 min. COOK: 15 min.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar;
- 2 tsp. dried oregano;
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme, roughly chopped;
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, roughly chopped;
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced;
- 3 tbsp. fresh basil, minced;
- 2 shallots, minced;
- 3 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil;
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade and season to taste.
- Pour half of the marinade into another container. Add the steaks, and marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat a grill or skillet over a high heat.
- Cook the steaks for 5 to 7 minutes per side for a medium-rare steak (or adjust to your preferred doneness level).
- Spread the remaining marinade (the half that you didn’t use for the steaks) over a cutting board, and press both sides of each steak onto the marinade-covered board to pick up the herbs.
- Slice the steaks and serve well coated with the marinade.